SCOTTSDALE, Ariz. (November 11, 2015) – The Phoenician, Arizona’s premier AAA Five Diamond resort destination, welcomes guests and the general public alike to its home for the holidays, presenting a diverse collection of festive experiences in November and December. Signature activities include:
SIP, SHOP AND BE MERRY
November 20, 2015
6 p.m. to 8 p.m. – The Centre for Well-Being
$25 per person
- This open house will include holiday beverages and treats, as well as special savings on the spa’s top skin care products. Holiday gift sets, mini treatments and raffle prizes will round out the event. Entry fee is valid toward any purchase at the spa boutique. Reservations required: 480-423-2452.
5K TURKEY TROT
Thanksgiving Day – November 26, 2015
7 a.m. Registration/8 a.m. Start – Jokake Inn (on resort grounds)
Complimentary for registered guests (donations accepted)
$20 per person for general public
- Run or walk this third annual event around The Phoenician’s scenic golf course. Fifty percent of all proceeds will benefit the International Rescue Committee (IRC). All ages welcome. Prizes will be awarded to the top three overall finishers. To enter, call 480-423-2530.
November 29-December 30, 2015
Seatings between 2 p.m. and 3 p.m. – Lobby Tea Court
Starting at $67 per person
- The Phoenician pastry team creates a magical culinary experience featuring specialty finger sandwiches, freshly baked scones with Devonshire cream and preserves, as well as delicate pastries — all accompanied by a selection of fine tea blends and set against a stunning holiday backdrop with live pianist. Reservations required: 480-423-2530.
Every Thursday-Saturday in December
11 a.m. to 12 p.m. and 3 p.m. to 4 p.m. – The Phoenician Retail Corridor
Complimentary for all
- Kids and adults alike can participate in festive games, crafts and culinary activities. Santa and Mrs. Claus may even make a surprise appearance. Parental supervision required. For reservations: 480-423-2572.
BREAKFAST WITH SANTA
December 12, 2015
Seatings between 9 a.m. and 12 p.m. – Il Terrazzo
$49 per adult; children 3-12 years old, $32
- This time-honored tradition includes cookie decorating, as well as photos with Santa. Reservations required: 480-423-2530.
UP & AWAY WINTER HOLIDAY
December 26, 2015
4 p.m. to 7 p.m. – Jokake Inn (on resort grounds)
$20 for general public, $10 for registered guests
Children 5 years of age and younger are half-price
- Continue the celebrations with tethered hot-air balloon rides, live music, a horse-drawn carriage, a human snow globe, a Ferris wheel and more. Offerings from the resort’s top restaurants will also be available for an additional fee. In addition, s’mores & stargazing will take place from 6 p.m. to 7 p.m.
WHOLE LOTTA HOLE GOLF GALA
December 27, 2015
3 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. – The Phoenician Golf Club
$70 per person
- Golfers and novices are invited to test their putting prowess with large, 15-inch cups. Includes green fees for 9 holes, cart rental, a drink, light appetizers and prizes. Reservations required: 480-423-2450.
For a complete list of holiday happenings and dining options, please call 480-941-8200, 800-888-8234 or visit www.thephoenician.com/signature-activities/.
Located at the base of Camelback Mountain, the 250-acre Phoenician offers two exquisite experiences – a 583-room AAA Five Diamond luxury resort hotel and Arizona’s premier Forbes Five-Star, AAA Five Diamond boutique hotel, The Canyon Suites at The Phoenician – at one magnificent destination. The property features elegant, residential-style accommodations, distinctive and tantalizing cuisine across such restaurants as Il Terrazzo, J&G Steakhouse and Relish Burger Bistro, a 27-hole championship golf course, 11 tennis courts, eight swimming pools, SURGE — a children’s splash pad, The Centre for Well-Being and Salon Mila spa complex, an activities program for all ages and interests, numerous boutique shops, and a museum-quality art collection. In addition to these offerings, the stylish 60-room Canyon Suites provides more intimate surroundings and enhanced services, creating an atmosphere of uncompromising splendor. Both The Phoenician and The Canyon Suites are owned by Host Hotels & Resorts, Inc., and managed by Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc., as part of The Luxury Collection. For additional information, please call 480-941-8200; 800-888-8234 or visit www.thephoenician.com and www.canyonsuites.com.