Art History Walking Tour
Tour the 11 sculptures in our collection by renowned artist, Allan Houser (Haozous). Born in Apache, Oklahoma (1914-1994) of Chiricahua Apache and English descent and raised on a family ranch where he learned of his culture through his father’s stories. He originally gained recognition for his paintings depicting traditional, Native American life and ideals. In 1992 he was awarded the National Medal of Arts by President George H.W. Bush.
The Phoenician’s Collection
- Prayer Song by Allan Houser, Casita Lawn
- To the Great Spirit by Allan Houser, Sunset Falls
- Resting at the Spring by Allan Houser, Main Entrance Fountain
- Offering of the Sacred Pipe by Allan Houser, Golf Clubhouse
- Mustangs by Allan Houser, Welcome Gate
- Chiricahua Apache Family by Allan Houser, Parking Lot 2
- Desert Harvest by Allan Houser, Cactus Garden
- The Future by Allan Houser, First Floor
- Heading Home by Allan Houser, Main Entrance
- Kiowa Song by Allan Houser, Main Entrance Fountain
- Morning Prayer by Allan Houser, Cactus Garden Entrance
Scottsdale, City of Art
If you venture beyond The Phoenician in pursuit of art, Scottsdale is a cultural mecca with beautiful museums, art galleries, art events and festivals. Explore downtown Scottsdale, and discover cutting-edge modern art at the Scottsdale Museum of Contemporary Art and exciting concerts at the Scottsdale Center for the Performing Arts. The Scottsdale Arts District offers outstanding galleries with colorful blown-glass, Native American pottery and dramatic paintings that capture the spirit of the Southwest.