5 THINGS YOU DIDN’T KNOW ABOUT STAYING AT THE PHOENICIAN
Located at the base of the iconic Camelback Mountain, and known for its lush landscaping, sparkling swimming pools, and unrivaled guest service, the AAA Five Diamond Phoenician is a remarkable resort, notable to travelers across the globe. Countless highlights come to mind when this luxury property is mentioned, however, there are a few little-known facts about The Phoenician that may surprise past and future guests alike. Whether you are anticipating your planned getaway to Arizona’s premier luxury resort destination or you are considering staying with us during your Scottsdale/Phoenix visit, here are 5 things you did not know about staying at The Phoenician:
1. REWARDS OF THE RESORT FEE
Included in the resort fee at this luxurious location, a plethora of perks await, helping to create the exclusive and memorable experiences one will only find at The Phoenician.
- BICYCLES – Enjoy complimentary bicycle rentals (2 hours max.) from our collection of cruisers. Pedal around the property or venture out to the Arizona canal bike path for a relaxing ride.
- CHILD CARE – Through our Night Owls program, complimentary supervised child care is available while adults are dining on-property. Children will enjoy a night of crafts, games, movies and an evening meal. *24-hour reservation required at 480-423-2572*
- COCKTAIL MIXOLOGY – Learn to craft the perfect signature cocktail from our master mixologists during this complimentary demonstration. Occurs daily at 2:00 p.m. Visit the hostess at Mowry & Cotton for details/reservations.
- MORNING YOGA – Awaken your senses and start your day with a positive vibe. Enjoy one of two complimentary yoga classes, guided by our trained instructors.
Yoga Walk: Follow a guided walking tour through the resort as you stop to perform different poses and meditate. Daily at 9:00 a.m. Meet at The Park. No reservations required.
Yoga on the Orchid Lawn: Engage in a traditional, instructor-led yoga class located on our serene Orchid Lawn. Daily at 9 a.m., Sunday 10 a.m.
2. DESERT DIGS
Explore the Sonoran Desert without leaving resort grounds! Throughout the property, there are multiple opportunities to receive an indigenous experience and learn more about the biome that The Phoenician calls home.
- CACTUS GARDEN – Stretching along two acres of land between guestroom buildings C/D and Camelback Mountain, the Cactus Garden features 250 varieties of cacti. Enjoy a guided tour Monday, Wednesday or Friday, or explore the selection of succulents on your own.
- GOLF CART SAFARI TOUR – Embark on an adventurous and educational journey through a 90-minute Golf Cart Safari Tour, guided by one of our Safari Guides. Ride in a specialty golf cart and discover the local flora and fauna, majestic views and diverse wildlife on property.
- FALCON FORCE – Our falcon force associates can be found wondering around property with our falcons, Flex and Fletcher. Feel free to get an up-close and personal look at these beautiful birds and watch as they take flight across the resort.
- HIKE CAMELBACK MOUNTAIN – Located at the base of Camelback Mountain, The Phoenician is in close proximity to the Cholla hiking trail. Visit our concierge to arrange a guided hike that will take you to new heights and offer breathtaking views of Scottsdale and Phoenix.
3. GOT A SWEET TOOTH?
IN-HOUSE PASTRY TEAM – Every delicious dessert or creative confection you see on property was carefully crafted by our in-house pastry team! This 21-person team produces 90% of the pastry items, breakfast baked goods, and bread for the entire resort, ranging from fluffy rolls served at the restaurants, sweet treats found at The Marketplace, delightful desserts offered during Afternoon Tea, novelty cakes and desserts specially ordered by guests and more.
4. PRIMP AND POLISH, GLITZ AND GLAM
For those wanting to relax and be pampered, The Phoenician has several services on property to help you look and feel your best.
- DRYBAR – Needing a quick blow-dry before your big event or night on the town? Visit our in-house DryBar, located at The Phoenician Spa, and our team of hairdressers will assist in all your hairstyling needs.
- THE PHOENICIAN SPA – Rejuvenate and unwind at our three-story Phoenician Spa, featuring 24 treatment rooms, a VIP Suite, movement studio and fitness center designed for personal training as well as small-group workouts. Lounge in the sun alongside our rooftop pool and delight in a refreshing fare of food and drink items before retreating downstairs to indulge in a signature spa treatment, ranging from facials to massages to bodywork therapies.
- FULL-SERVICE NAIL SALON – Treat yourself to a dazzling “mani-pedi” at our full-service nail salon, located at The Phoenician Spa.
- BOUTIQUE SHOPPING – Visit our retail corridor, The Shops at The Phoenician, and explore the shopping options ranging from swimwear to clothing/athleisure to fine jewelry.
5. PAIRING UP WITH COMMUNITY PARTNERS
The Phoenician partners with multiple local businesses in the Phoenix/Scottsdale area to cultivate new flavors, products and items to be featured exclusively on resort grounds.
- PHOENICIAN CRUNCH – Pop into The Marketplace and order a scoop of the Phoenician Crunch, our very own ice cream flavor created by local partner, Sweet Republic. Whether you prefer a cup or a cone, the creamy blend of vanilla ice cream with chocolate covered Grape Nuts and bits of Heath Bar is sure to delight your taste buds.
- PHOENICIAN PRIVATE-BARREL SELECT WOODFORD RESERVE – Stop by Thirsty Camel and try the Five Diamond Manhattan, made with our Phoenician Private-Barrel Select Woodford Reserve. This specially-made bourbon is available property-wide and guests are able to purchase their own bottle in The Marketplace.
- PHOENICIAN HERRADURA DOUBLE-BARRELED REPOSADO TEQUILA – After swimming and sunbathing, cruise over to Kalio Kabobery for a Prickly Pear Margarita, made with our Phoenician Herradura Double-Barreled Reposado Tequila. Guests are able to order this exclusive tequila property-wide and can purchase a personal bottle of their own at The Marketplace.
- CRAFT BEERS – Four Peaks Brewery specially crafted the Phoenician Pale Ale and Bar Dog Lager, both made exclusively for The Phoenician. Pull up a chair at the buzzy bar of Mowry & Cotton and enjoy one of the craft beers on draft.
- GRUET LUXURY CUVÉE – Created in partnership with Gruet winery, and produced exclusively for The Phoenician, pop a bottle of Gruet Luxury Cuvee during Afternoon Tea or toast to a celebration with a glass of this specially made bubbly at Mowry & Cotton, Kalio Kabobery or Thirsty Camel. Bottles available for purchase at The Marketplace.