5 Great Options for Dining During Spring Training Baseball in Scottsdale
Before or After the Game: Favorite Destinations for Dining & Libations
Now that Major League Baseball spring training is under way in the Valley of the Sun, we decided to list some of our favorite game-day food and beverage destinations, here at The Phoenician, in Old Town Scottsdale and the surrounding area. With close proximity to Scottsdale Stadium, lots of outdoor space and daily happy hour specials, these local establishments are sure not to disappoint.
5. Zipps – Home of the “Zipparitas” and “Golden Wings,” Zipps is a local hot spot. Located on Camelback Road less than two miles from The Phoenician and Scottsdale Stadium, this neighborhood sports grill offers daily specials, all made from scratch. Enjoy happy hour pricing Monday-Friday from 3:00-7:00 pm.
4. Salty Senorita – Centrally located on Scottsdale Road, this Mexican eatery has a variety of food and drink options under $5.00 during happy hour, including award-winning margaritas. It was selected the top pick for “Best Mexican Food in Phoenix” by CitySearch.com.
3. The Lodge – Located just around the corner from Scottsdale Stadium, this local haunt features a large outdoor patio and a rustic ambiance. Guests can participate in a game of Giant Jenga while enjoying half-price appetizers during happy hour from 3:00-7:00 pm daily.
2. Dos Gringos – With a relaxed atmosphere and plenty of outdoor seating, this Mexican Cantina is a popular spot for those looking for some hoopla! Live music is featured every Sunday. Patrons can play corn hole on the spacious patio and sip on $2.50 Coronas daily from 11:00 am-7:00 pm.
1. Relish Burger Bistro – You might think we’re a little biased considering this is The Phoenician’s very own clubhouse restaurant, but you’ll definitely agree once you’ve tried any of our signature gourmet Kobe burgers. Relax and enjoy the blue skies and warm temperatures from the terrace overlooking the resort’s stunning championship golf course. Discover the largest collection of tequila in the state and more than 70 selections of premium beers. Show your same-day spring training ticket stub and receive 25 percent off your entrée. (valid 3/1/13 – 3/30/13) After the game, catch other sports action on one of our nine big-screen televisions. Happy hour is held daily from 3:30-6:00 pm.
Click here to view the entire menu